Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Do You Have Your School Pants On?


The last Friday before summer break is one of my favorite days of the school year.  It is our annual talent show (LOVE IT!).  This is the day that the students in grades 3 through 6 can showcase their talents.  This usually includes a lot of singing, dancing, instrument playing, skits, etc.  It is so much fun to see the kids show off their cool talents....I just love this day!!!  This school year marked the 7th year of the talent show, and there has never been a teacher to participate in the talent show.

UNTIL THIS YEAR......

My team member, Melissa (who teaches math), my school counselor, Debbie,  and I decided to do a spin-off skit from Jimmy Fallon's Tight Pants skit with Will Ferrell and Christina Aguilera.  If you have never seen this skit, then you MUST watch this!!!  Let's take a moment to watch....

Hilarious, right?!?!  

So, Melissa, Debbie and I decided to do a spin-off skit and call it "School Pants."  Instead of wearing "tight pants", I wore "read pants", Melissa wore "math pants", and Debbie represented "test pants".  We took Jimmy Fallon's transcript/song lyrics and altered them to fit our "School Pants" version.  We shopped for matching shirts and labeled our "school pants" using letters cut from our school cricut machine.  We practiced and rehearsed on stage only a few times before the day of the show (and by practicing I actually mean giggling and goofing around).  Between our continuous laughing during rehearsal, stage fright, and the food poisoning I got the night before the show....I honestly didn't think we would be able to pull off the skit.  In the end, I think the talent show skit turned out well and we seemed to have been the hit of the show!  

I hope you enjoy our skit as much as we enjoyed performing for our students, staff, and families.  


Happy Summer!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my!!!! I LOVE your skit! Thank you so much for sharing! Happy summer!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete