Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Brain Breaks with GoNoodle

Let's take some time to just breathe.......

With the high demands of state assessments this past school year, brain breaks were essential for my third graders.  And I have to admit, brain breaks were not just necessary for my students, but for me as well.

Have you ever heard of Go Noodle?  It's a website that provides short, desk-side, interactive physical activities.  The videos help students get the wiggles out, focus, dance, stretch, practice mindfulness, and much more.  These brain break activities can help teachers with classroom management and improve student performance.  And the best part about this website......it's FREE!!



All you have to do is go to the website (click here), sign up, and that's it!  You can even assign your students their own username for when they need an independent brain break.  The website will provide you with a parent letter to download and send home with your students.

Once I login, I like to go to "channels".  There are many categories to pick from:

*Moosetube-wiggle, shake, and sing with crazy camp songs.

*Koo Koo Kanga Roo-dance and sing to some seriously ridiculous songs.

*Zumba Kids-dance your heart out with modeled dance moves and slick beats.

*Fresh Start Fitness-get fit with an awesome and intense fitness concert.

*Brainercise-challenge your body and brain with coordinated movements.

*Think About It-think, reflect, and set positive intentions for your day.

*Maximo-stretch and rejuvenate with a marvelous monkey.

*Indoor Recess-move along to some amazing mega mixes.

*Run With Us-run, jump, and throw with Track and Field Olympians and athletes.

*Kidz Bop-dance freestyle to some awesome hits

You can even add your own brain break YouTube videos to your GoNoodle account.  Do you ever feel like you are going to go crazy during inside-recess days?  This website has some really cool, interactive videos to show during those hectic days.


Check out this video below.  It is a video from the Zumba Kids section in GoNoodle.  It was played regularly in my classroom as a brain break.


It's good for all of us to take a step back and just breathe every now and then.  I know, as a teacher, I feel the pressure and stress of our state's high demands.  And unfortunately, our students feel it as well.  I love this website and I hope you find a way to use it in your classroom with your students.



1 comment:

  1. I need to get my team to look at this site more! I know the kids would love it.

    ReplyDelete